Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 1-Again

So a year and a half ago I started running and doing Weight Watchers. Everything was going great! I was three pounds away from goal weight, and then.....I had to get a second job. Before I knew it I was working 80 hours a week and was working or driving to work between 6am-10:30pm. I let go over working out.

Soon I gained some weight, and then some turned into a lot. I gained all my weight back and then an additional 20 pounds. I topped off at 201. This was the biggest I had ever been. It totally blew my mind. I had never thought I would weight this.

Well, after focusing on getting back on track for three months, I started working out and doing Weight Watchers. Progress has been slow and after four weeks of doing the program I'm down six pounds.

Now, I'm trying to refocus. I want to get back into running, and hope to do my local marathon in 2010. That is the BIG, long term goal. I'd like to get down to 140. But since, when I do work out, I tend to get bulky with muscle, I might have to change that goal to a set of measurements.

So this is where I will come to write my success and failures. If you happen to stumble across it, cool. I hope people will visit and come and share. If not, this is my space to come and let it flow out.

1 comment:

The Diva on a Diet said...

Hello and congrats on starting your blog and re-starting your weight-loss journey! I wish you much success and health on both!

I came across your blog at the Google Coffee Shop and thought I'd stop in and say "hi". I know how much it means to have others visit your blog.

My blog is about dieting, food and weight-loss as well. Feel free to drop by any time if you wish. Just click on my name and the profile has the address.

Best of luck to you!