Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Do a little dance, make a little love go gluten free, go gluten free

So, this whole gluten free thing is tricky. But I bought a bunch of veggies, cut them up, and put them in individual servings in plastic baggies. I brought that to work with prepackaged tuna steaks and fruit, and this is my daily foods to eat from.

It's really hard to think of all the things I will have to stop and think about not putting in my mouth and eating before I do. Like yesterday, there was some cookies sitting out and I took one, without thinking, and started eating it. It wasn't until the cookie was gone that it dawned on me, DUH NO GLUTEN.

The dairy thing will be tricky, because I loves me some cheese and sour cream. But so far the chocolate soy milk was a hit with bf, who was a total baby about the switch over. We also found an almond milk last night and he totally digs it. The biggest problem is that the almond milk is low in protein. So I think he's gonna have to mix the soy and almond for awhile.

Eating and working out went great yesterday. I weighed myself today and I'm almost down 10 complete pounds. Whoot! GOOOOOOOOOO ME! 17 minute jog tonight. Whoooooooohoooooo!

The family comes in from Michigan tomorrow, so my challenge will be to stay on track, off gluten, and off dairy with them around. I always revert to my bad childhood eating habits when I am around the fam-damily. But still excited to see them.

1 comment:

The Diva on a Diet said...

Just popping in to say hi, Kat! Have you tried the unsweetened soy milk yet? I really like it. I mix it with some yogurt, silken tofu, almonds and vanilla extract to make a tasty breakfast shake. I like the unsweetened soy milk better than the flavored, but YMMV of course.

Have a good day and I hope the visit with the fam-damily went well!

Cheers!