Thursday, July 24, 2008

Goals

Yesterday I put my workout calendar together. It's a tool that helps me stay accountable and assists in making sure I am always challenging myself. I tried to include items in there that will help me stay motivated.

I wrote when I would start running 5ks, half marathons, and start training for the 2010 Chicago marathon. I told my boyfriend, who sometimes gets in the way of working out, that my calendar is now more important than him.

It really helped. Last night I made risotte for dinner, and even though I wasn't done cooking/eating/working out it was 8:30. But at 9 (needed digestion time) I got dressed and drove to the gym. It was another AMAZING workout. Whoot! Go me!

I've never read anything about using steep inclines and their benefits for cardio health, but I've started mixining in it on running and cross training days and WOW! I can't believe it. My heart rate gets going, but I don't feel like I can't breath. So, I'll have to keep doing this and let you know how it pays off.

That's it for now.

No comments: